NVSTR (pronounced "investor") is a modern investing platform designed by former hedge fund professionals to make smart investing simple.
Whether you're a first time investor or a seasoned veteran, NVSTR is designed to elevate your investing. Through technology and collaboration, you can unlock the collective experience of other smart investors, and easily build a portfolio optimized just for you. Most investing platforms today are too focused on encouraging you to trade a lot, rather than empowering you with the insights and technology you need to invest intelligently...that's why they created NVSTR. The most relevant, insightful bullet points percolate to the top. They're vetted via collaborative discussion by trusted friends and the community.
Manage your NVSTR account and thousands of other platforms with MoneyMade Portfolio!
- Trade *Stocks *ETFs
- See what famous investors and trusted friends are buying
- Get up to $1,000 free cash to invest when you join.
How you make money
Through technology and collaboration, you can unlock the collective experience of other smart investors, and easily build a portfolio optimized just for you. Nvstr users with at least 6 months of history are ranked by annualized returns, and they display the current, anonymized ideas from the top 10% of these users.
Nvstr's technology is based on independent, Nobel Prize-winning research and years of investing experience at hedge funds. In 1 click you can intelligently allocate your portfolio to seek the best risk/return right now. The goal of the Optimizer is to build a portfolio from your investment ideas that maximizes your expected return while staying within an acceptable level of projected risk. The algorithm will only include stocks and ETFs that you’ve selected, so you’ll always know what’s in your portfolio.
How NVSTR makes money
As a trading platform, there are a multitude of ways that INVSTR earns money. These include:
- Monthly subscription fee: The subscription costs $4.99 for live trading accounts. The subscription gives you 25 commission free trades per month. If you do not have the subscription or run out of trades, it will cost you $4.50 per trade.
- Rebates from market makers and trading venues: Market makers (typically big institutions/funds) buy directly through the brokers to have discounted purchases. For that ability, the market makers pay a rebate to the brokerage to receive their orders . The brokerage sends your orders to the market maker that is most likely to execute at the best price for you and makes a few cents on each trade.
- Income generated from cash: They borrow the cash sitting in your account and invest it into interest earning accounts and keep the profit.
- Stock loan income from counter-parties: They receive interest for loaning out shares for short sales.
- Margin Lending: They collect interest on money they lend to investors
Is it Safe?
The Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) covers your brokerage account up to $500,000 in value of securities, including up to $250,000 of cash. Accounts at Nvstr are protected by additional coverage of $150mm in aggregate, including up to $37.5 million for any single customer's securities and $900k for any single customer's cash. This policy was purchased by Apex Clearing and underwritten by Lloyd's of London. As with SIPC insurance, this coverage does not protect against market losses. There is always volatility risk when investing in equities, but the extra insurance that Nvstr has can allow you to confidently invest using their platform.
Things to know
- You make money onDividends + Value
- Payout frequencyQuarterly
- Term of investmentZero
- Open toAll Investors
- Country availabilityUS only
- Assets under managementUnknown
- Mobile ApplicationIOS, Android
Investment Return Calculator
Calculate your estimated return to reach your investment goals.
Sign up for free to access all features:
Value after fees
Forward-looking statements, including without limitations investment outcomes and projections, are hypothetical and educational in nature. The results of any hypothetical projections can and may differ from actual investment results had the strategies been deployed in actual securities accounts.
No comments yet