Invest in Main Street, not Wall Street. Put your money into real brick & mortar businesses that agree to share a percentage of their revenue each quarter in exchange for your investment.
7% - 10%
Discover local businesses, review their business plans and financial statements, chat with the owners, and invest with as little as $100. With Mainvest you invest with revenue sharing notes. Businesses agree to share a percentage of their revenue each quarter in exchange for investment. Revenue is shared until investors receive their target return. If investors haven’t received this amount by the maturity date, the remaining amount is owed to them as a balloon payment.
Manage your Mainvest account and thousands of other platforms with MoneyMade Portfolio!
- Make a difference in your community
- Invest in real brick & mortar businesses
- Revenue is shared until investors receive their target return
How you make money
Businesses agree to share a percentage of their revenue each quarter in exchange for investment. Revenue is shared until investors receive their investment multiple. If investors haven’t received this amount by the maturity date, the remaining amount is owed to them as a balloon payment.
How Mainvest makes money
Mainvest doesn’t charge investors any fees, but does charge issuers a percentage of the amount raised (typically 6%). Investors should understand this reduces the amount of capital the business actually receives for operations.
Is it Safe?
If investors haven't received their target return on investment by the maturity date, one of two things will happen:
- Balloon payment: In this scenario, the business would pay their investors the amount remaining towards the target return on investment. For example, if you invest $100 in a business that is offering a target return on investment of 50% and you have only received $125 dollars of shared revenue by the maturity date, the business may provide you with a balloon payment of $25.
- Remain in default: If the business does not provide a balloon payment, they will remain in default. Interest will accrue and compound on the amount owed. Investors (or a representative they agree upon) could pursue legal action to force repayment or bankruptcy. Mainvest does not pursue legal action on behalf of investors. Investing in private businesses involves risk. It is possible that you would not receive payments from the business in this scenario.
Things to know
- You make money onInterest
- Payout frequencyMonthly
- Term of investment60+ months
- Open toAll Investors
- Country availabilityWorldwide
- Assets under managementUnknown
- Mobile Application No
Investment Return Calculator
Calculate your estimated return to reach your investment goals.
Sign up for free to access all features:
Value after fees
Forward-looking statements, including without limitations investment outcomes and projections, are hypothetical and educational in nature. The results of any hypothetical projections can and may differ from actual investment results had the strategies been deployed in actual securities accounts.
No comments yet
7% - 10%