Buy bitcoin and crypto instantly! Gemini is a simple, elegant, and secure platform to build your crypto portfolio, whether you’re an experienced trader or just getting started. You can now earn 7.4% APY on your crypto with Gemini Earn.
Auto Track Available
Asset Class Return•30d
You and a friend get $10 worth of bitcoin when your friend buys or sells $100 on Gemini
Gemini makes it simple to research the crypto market, buy bitcoin and other cryptos, and build a portfolio for the future of money. Access all the tools you need to understand the crypto market and start investing – all through one clear, attractive interface. Trade assets, manage your holdings, and set recurring buys on the crypto industry’s most secure, trusted platform. Put your crypto balance to work. With Gemini Earn, you can receive up to 7.4% APY on your cryptocurrency.
Things to Know
You make money on
Term of investment
Gemini has the largest insurance coverage limit of any crypto custodian in the world
Tools for crypto beginners and active traders
‘Best in Crypto’ (Markets Choice Award 2019)
See inside MoneyMade’s 6-figure multi-asset portfolio
How you make money
If your goal is to save as much as possible on fees, Gemini is your best bet. Gemini does not charge fees for deposits or withdrawals and only charges 1.49% or less fee for trading. Earning a return with crypto is achieved by trading currencies (buy low / sell high). Gemini also recently announced Gemini Earn which allows users to earn up to 7.4% APY compounded daily on cryptocurrencies. This is a great way for you to earn on your crypto passively instead of having your cryptocurrency sitting idly by.
How Gemini makes money
Like other exchanges, Gemini earns money through transaction, currency exchange, and other fees. Gemini offers several different features so they multiple avenues of revenue.
- Custodial: There is a 0.40% annual custodial fee.
- Transactional: For every transaction there is a convenience fee and a transaction fee. Before placing your order, you will see a firm price that includes convenience fee. The transaction fee will also be displayed which is 1.49% if the transaction is for a purchase of over $200.
- Gemini Earn: They receive some of the interest in their Gemini Earn feature. The quoted interest rate is net their fees, so you will get what you see.
- Other: The main sources of revenue and fees for Gemini that you will encounter are listed above, but for a more expansive list you can go to https://www.gemini.com/fees
Is it safe?
Gemini has operated with a security-first mentality from day one. Their security philosophy adheres to three principles:
- Defending against external threats
- Protecting against human error
- Guarding against misuse of insider access
The majority of your crypto is held in their offline, air-gapped Cold Storage system. Only a small portion is held in their online Hot Wallet, which is insured. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required when you log in to your account or make crypto withdrawals.
Gemini is a New York trust company that undergoes regular bank exams and is subject to the cyber security regulations promulgated by the New York Department of Financial Services. They are the world’s first cryptocurrency exchange and custodian to complete a SOC 1 Type 2 exam, SOC 2 Type 2 exam, and earn an ISO 27001 certification.
How You’re Taxed
Crypto gains are taxed like stocks. The tax rates for crypto gains are the same as short- and long-term capital gains taxes for stocks. Short-term capital gains are treated as income (same tax rate you pay on your annual earnings) and long-term capital gains are taxed between 0% and 20% depending on your income tax bracket.
No comments yet
8 days ago
13 days ago