TradeUP is a feature-rich mobile trading application designed for investors to access equity markets and build global investment portfolios. By leveraging their innovative technology, users may seize investment opportunities anytime, anywhere and at low cost. They offer professional mobile trading that is suitable for both new and experienced investors. Enjoy a full range of real-time market data across the world free of charge and capture market opportunities with extensive research and analytical tools. Experienced traders can stay on top of the market with in-depth analytics, screeners, and candlestick charts.
How you make money
With TradeUp, you can invest in stocks, ETFs, and options. You also have the ability to trade on margin. There are two main ways to make money with stocks:
- Dividends. When publicly owned companies are profitable, they can choose to distribute some of those earnings to shareholders by paying a dividend. You can either take the dividends in cash or reinvest them to purchase more shares in the company.
- Capital gains. Stocks are bought and sold constantly throughout each trading day, and their prices change all the time. When a stock price goes higher than what you paid to buy it, you can sell your shares at a profit. These profits are known as capital gains. In contrast, if you sell your stock for a lower price than you paid to buy it, you have incurred a capital loss.
The performance of an individual stock is also affected by what's happening in the stock market in general, which is in turn affected by the economy as a whole.
How TradeUp makes money
TradeUp offers commission free trading and no management fee. They likely make money in several different ways:
- Rebates from market makers and trading venues: Market makers (typically big institutions/funds) buy directly through the brokers to have discounted purchases. For that ability, the market makers pay a rebate to the brokerage to receive their orders . The brokerage sends your orders to the market maker that is most likely to execute at the best price for you and makes a few cents on each trade.
- Income generated from cash: They borrow the cash sitting in your account and invest it into interest earning accounts and keep the profit.
- Margin Lending: They collect interest on money they lend to investors.
- Stock loan income from counterparties: They receive interest for loaning out shares for short sales.
Is it safe?
Brokerage services in TradeUP are offered by Marsco Investment Corporation, which was founded in 1986. Marsco Investment Corporation is a registered brokerage firm at SEC (CRD: 18483; SEC: 8-36754), a member of FINRA/SIPC and a member of DTC/NSCC, regulated by the US Securities and Exchange Commission and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
TradeUP takes security seriously which is why they offer TradeUp Authenticator. Authenticator is the security App to further protect your security. By enabling 2-step verification, you need to enter the dynamic code generated by your phone along with the transaction password when you place an order, which means the order page can only be accessed when both your password and code are verified. You can choose whether to enable 2-step verification based on your preferences. To ensure security, they recommend enabling 2-step verification for all users.